Achieve a stronger, slimmer midsection with these five moves that will work all your muscles from head to toe.
Doug Balzarini, CSCS, MMA-CC, is the owner of DB Strength, which provides fitness training, education and resources. He's also the strength and conditioning coach for Alliance MMA where he works with UFC Champion Dominick Cruz, Phil Davis, Brandon Vera, Travis Browne, Alexander Gustafsson and Bellator Champion Mike Chandler.
Prior to running the day-to-day operations of DB Strength, Doug worked at Fitness Quest 10 as a personal trainer, strength coach and Operations Director for Todd Durkin Enterprises (TDE).
He has completed some graduate work in Biomechanics at SDSU and has obtained multiple certifications in the fitness field. He has produced two DVD projects on strength training for combat athletes and has appeared in many fitness videos. Doug is a frequent contributor to multiple fitness/MMA-related websites and magazines, and was recently a coach on the FOX reality show The Ultimate Fighter.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science
- MMA Conditioning Coach Certification;
- ACE Personal Trainer Certification;
- NSCA-CSCS Certification;
- Training For Warriors (TFW) Certification;
- GRAVITY Instructor Training;
- TRX Instructor Training;
- TRX RIP Training;
- LIFT Sandbag Certification;
- MovNat Training;
- FMS (Functional Movement Systems) Training;
- Spinning Certification;
- CPR/AED Instructor Status