Starting and finishing in Ashbourne Lesiure Centre car park, the race is an out-and-back route along the Tissington Trail. Ashbourne is known as the gateway to The Peak District. This is a beautiful route with amazing views from the former train line across the Derbyshire Dales. Enjoy the stunning scenery & abundance of wildlife.
Turn points are set up along the route at 2.5k, 5k and 5mile & waterstations will be along the route.
The route isn't flat as your outward section is a very gradual incline, but for every uphill there is a downhill! The 2nd half of your race is all set on a gradual decline which should feel fantastic once the legs have warmed up & you can get those feet flying! The total climb for the 10mile is just under 400ft (123m).
The 5k run / walk is for all levels. This event can be a gentle stroll with the family or a race to get your 5km PB.
- 5k run/walk race
- 10km and 10mile run race
- Chip timing
- Limited free car parking 5-10min walk away
- Water stations along the course
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Distance markers
- Bespoke race finishers medal for everyone
- 5k & 10k & 10mile Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd man & woman
- Certificates for all participants which are emailed out to you including age group placings
- Different certificates for Canicross have paw prints on them & details of your category
- Free post race massage from qualified sports therapists
- Free photos to download & share - from Marc Dewhurst
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for First-Timer to Elite
- Race Village with hot food and drink for sale
- Bespoke hoodies and T-shirts for sale
Event details and schedule
Full details are on the website. Race start is 9:30am (staggered starts) with registration opening at 08:00am. The course is an out and back along Tissington Trail starting and finishing at Ashbourne Leisure Centre.
Car parking - there will be NO car parking available at Ashbourne Leisure Centre as the finish line & race village are held in the car park. Please use free parking at Halfords just 10 minutes walk away at Waterside Retail Park, Ashbourne, DE6 1DU or other local car parks in Ashbourne. Please car share to save our environment.
ID is not required, but you must sign the waiver. We do recommend you bring some layers as the weather can be temperamental in early March. As for shoes, the trail is made of compacted stone so you should be good to run in road shoes.