A little dessert after dinner is always welcome, even when you're camping. This Roasted Pears Suzette recipe is a simple camping dessert for the family, or you can jazz it up with some liquor for the adult version.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Submitted by Suzette A. Chafey
- Ripe Pears
- Aluminum Foil
- Optional (Liquor)
- Select a ripe pear for each diner, wash and core it top to bottom.
- Place about 2 to 3 squares of chocolate in the center where the core was removed. You can use any chocolate you like such as milk, dark, with fruit and nuts, truffles, etc.
- Place the pear on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the pear.
- (Optional) pour 1/2 jigger of any liquor you like such as rum, brandy, triple sec, etc. into the center of the pear.
- Wrap the pear in the foil and place in the coals for 10 to 15 minutes.
More: Camper Pie Dessert
Find a Campground at ReserveAmerica.com.