You play hard in the outdoors. Cook this hearty meal--with some grilled veggies--at the campfire and replenish your energy stores.
Submitted by Laura Madigan
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 whole onions (sweet if available)
- 1 lb of ground beef (can substitute canned corn beef hash if desired)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut the center layers out of the onions - save the tops.
- Fill the onion with the ground beef or corn beef hash to within 1/2 inch of the top of the onion.
- Put about 1 tsp of cheese in each onion.
- Place the tops back on the onions.
- Carefully place the onions in burning coals.
- Then build up the coals around and on top of the onions.
- Let cook about 30 minutes.
- When finished peel off the outer skin and enjoy.