Let's cut to the chase, women of all shapes and sizes hate cottage-cheese thighs. Those tiny little dimples, also known as cellulite, tend to lead to self-consciousness. However, there is something you can do to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
More: How to Reduce Cellulite
What Causes Cellulite?Cellulite is caused by fat deposits that are just below the surface of the skin.You may find it on your abdomen, legs, and backside. Cellulite occurs in both men and women, but it is much more common in women because they're more likely to have particular types of fat and connective tissue.
The causes are not completely understood by doctors, but some factors include diet, lifestyle, clothing, genetics and hormones.
How to Help Prevent Cellulite
- Diet - Limit your fat, carbohydrate, and salt intake. Try to increase your daily fiber.
- Lifestyle - Quit smoking. Start or increase your exercise. Avoid sitting or standing in one position for long periods of time.
- Clothing - Wear clothes that allow blood flow.
How to Get Rid of Cellulite
People have tried massages, heat therapy, ultrasound, radio frequency therapy, magnetic therapy, radial wave therapy, Endermologie, electrical stimulation, compression clothing, drugs and even surgery. However, there is no solid evidence that these methods are effective.
Doctors say to the most effect ways to reduce the fat content in cells and reduce the appearance of cellulite is to:
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Eat low-fat foods, veggies and fruit.
- Include fiber-rich nutrition in your diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Reduce stress in your life.
Stay in shape in a fitness class.