We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Friday, January 5, 2024.
SCHOOL IS OUT & CAMP IS IN!
GRADES ACCEPTED: TK-5th (children must be at least 4 years-old and 9-months to attend day camp unless they are already enrolled in the YMCA before and after school program for the current school year).
DAY CAMP HOURS:
- Fall Break Day Camp: Monday-Wednesday, 7:00am-6:00pm
- Winter Break Day Camp Week 1: Monday-Thursday, 7:00am-6:00pm. Friday, 7:00am-1:00pm.
- Winter Break Day Camp Week 2: Monday, Closed. Tuesday-Thursday, 7:00am-6:00pm. Friday, 7:00am-1:00pm.
- Winter Break Day Camp Week 3: Monday, Closed. Tuesday-Friday, 7:00am-6:00pm
The YMCA OF METROPOLITAN LOS ANGELES has been serving families for over 140 years. Your family can count on Y to ensure your child is having fun in a safe, nurturing environment. The Y offers a variety of day camp programs, throughout the school breaks, to meet the needs of parents and match the interests of our campers.
Our Day Camps have inspired kids with countless opportunities to laugh, lead and make lasting friendships. Since your family's safety is our top priority, we have implemented safety protocols that follow state and local guidelines. It is our priority to help your children enjoy a safe and fun program where they can build lasting friendships. At YMCA day camps, children gain a sense of BELONGING, ACHIEVE more and build strong RELATIONSHIPS.
YMCA PROGRAM HANDBOOK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: By registering for this program, the parent, guardian or authorized representative of the enrolled child acknowledges that they have read, understood and agreed to all the policies and procedures for enrollment in this YMCA program. In addition, the parent, guardian or authorized representative acknowledges that they have received, read, understood and agreed to the most recent edition of the YMCA Handbook for this program. The YMCA Program Handbook is available to download at www.ymcala.org/daycamp or via request to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The YMCA reserves the right to modify the program schedule, as the YMCA sees appropriate, without prior notice to the parent, guardian or authorized representative of the child. This includes but is not limited to: weekly themes, weekly planned activities, weekly field trips (including field trips and vendors that come to the Y) and the weekly curriculum. The YMCA makes no guarantees that the day camp schedule will match the advertised schedule, as things may change between the time that the schedule is prepared and the time of program operation.
MINIMUM ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS: Each YMCA day camp program requires a minimum enrollment to operate. Prior to the start of the program, the minimum enrollment requirement must be met or the program may be cancelled. If the program is cancelled by the YMCA, the YMCA will refund all payments/deposits.
CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS: For School Break Programs a written request is required for all program changes, cancellations and refund requests. Without proper written request, the change, cancellation or refund request will be denied.
- School Break Programs During the School Year (such as fall, winter and spring break day camp): The deadline to submit a written request for a cancellation, change or refund is the Monday prior to the start of each School Break Program weekly session. YMCA School Break Programs are charged based on the weekly sessions that the parent, guardian or authorized individual selected at the time of online enrollment and it is therefore their responsibility to ensure that any request for cancellations, changes or refunds is submitted by the deadline.
- No credits, refunds or transfers will be granted for a weekly program session once the deadline for changes and cancellations has passed. This includes a program enrollment that happens after the deadline for changes and cancellations has passed. If a child is enrolled in a weekly program session AFTER the deadline for changes and cancellations has passed for that particular weekly program session, the enrollment and the sale are considered FINAL. The YMCA will not issue a credit, refund or transfer for request made after the deadline for cancellations and changes has passed, regardless of when the child was registered and enrolled in to the program by the payer.
CANCELLATION FEES (FOR SCHOOL BREAK PROGRAMS)
- If paid in full, all approved refund requests for a School Break Program will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee. Approval of the refund is contingent upon adherence to the cancellation policies listed above.
WRITTEN REQUEST: All written requests must be submitted to ChildCare@ymcala.org. A verbal notice or written request to the YMCA Director of the program or any YMCA staff member is not sufficient, as YMCA staff cannot submit a written request on behalf of a parent, guardian or authorized representative. Physical forms are no longer provided. Any outstanding balances will be due at the time of cancellation. The parent, guardian or authorized representative is liable for any program fees that the YMCA may incur in its effort to collect any remaining balances.
We hope that this information is helpful to you as you navigate through the school break program.