An area rich in Viking history and spectacular fjords is home to the latest addition to the Challenge Family global series of triathlons. Challenge Sandefjord in Norway will take place on 24 August 2024 with athletes racing over the middle distance through some of Norway’s most iconic countryside and coastline.
Sandefjord is just 120km from Oslo and is popular coastal town and holiday destination with a strong Viking history going back over 1,000 years.
Event details and schedule
The day kicks off with a leap into the fjord for the single lap 1.9km sheltered swim before heading out on the two-lap 90km bike. The rolling course passes through the typical Norwegian landscape as well as the site of one of the oldest Viking ships found in Norway as well as taking in Døla Hill, packed with spectators and music. The four lap run is through the heart of the charming Scandinavian city centre, along narrow streets lined with spectators before finishing the city park by the famous Whalers’ Monument.
Five Reasons to Race Challenge Sandefjord
Sandefjord is truly the land of the Vikings with its rich historical heritage.
- Fast, fun and spectator-friendly course
- Compact race location with everything within easy walking distance
- Spectacular region packed full of history, including ancient Viking monuments and the ‘End of the World’
- Unforgettable run through the city centre streets lined with spectators
- Easy to reach from Oslo for both local and international athletes