When Sean passed away, we planned to make this year a celebration of his life, culminating with him crossing the finish line at Kona in October. Our plans were thrown off by the COVID-19 pandemic, but that's not going to stop us from celebrating Sean and the impact he made. Presenting the 1st annual Sean English Memorial Triathlon Festival - Virtual Edition. Register for a virtual Olympic or sprint triathlon, Olympic or sprint duathlon, or Olympic or sprint aquabike. Upload your results between now and November 30 to our results page using your phone, watch, or even photos, and we'll send you:
- Stylish polyblend race shirt
- Awesome finisher medal (Made in and shipped from the USA!)
Proceeds go to the FC Cancer Foundation!
Event details and schedule
Here's how it works:
- Register for the race in the category of your choosing.
- Between Friday, November 13, 2020 (at 12:00AM) and Monday, November 30, 2020 (at 11:59PM), RACE! Do your chosen race and distance however and wherever you want (as long as it's safe and legal). Grab some friends and do it together (socially distanced, of course). How and when you race is up to you.
- Upload your results to our results page (click here) by Monday, November 30, 2020 at 11:59PM.
- We'll get your finisher package in the mail no later than two weeks after the event ends.
- Olympic Triathlon - 1.5k swim / 40k bike / 10k run
- Sprint Triathlon - 750m swim / 20k bike / 5k run
- Olympic Aquabike - 1.5k swim / 40k bike
- Sprint Aquabike - 750m swim / 20k bike
- Olympic Duathlon - 10k run / 40k bike / 5k run
- Sprint Duathlon - 2 mile run / 10 mile bike / 2 mile run
Important stuff to know:
- THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS GIVEN FOR THIS VIRTUAL EVENT.
- There will be no physical race, so you can use whatever course you want. Swim in a pool, lake or ocean, ride flat or mountains, run on the road or trails. The course is up to you.
- BE SAFE - Since this is a virtual race, you and you alone are responsible for your safety:
- Swim where you feel comfortable and can be supervised.
- When riding, WEAR YOUR HELMET. Follow the rules of the road. Unless you're riding on a closed course, follow the rules of the road, and obey all traffic laws.
- When running, obey all traffic laws.
- Have fun!
November 13 - 30, 2020
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday