1. Their birthday/anniversary/Christmas wish lists consist of new running shoes or the latest running gear.1 of 21
Unfortunately, this doesn't mean you'll save money because you're not buying fancy jewelry or the hottest tech gadget. Have you seen this watch? Definitely on my birthday list (That's Oct. 11, if you were wondering).
2. You are often at happy hour solo because your S.O. is running.2 of 21
They might show up at the bar post-run—albeit sweaty, stinky and glistening with sweat.
3. Your vacations are often in conjunction with a destination race.3 of 21
Because who doesn't love to push your body to its limits while on vacation?
4. Speaking of vacations... Just because a runner is on a trip doesn't mean they'll take a break.4 of 21
It's actually more fun to get out for a run in a new city—more exploring!
5. You know not to make plans on race day.5 of 21
You'll be found at various points along the course, ideally, with a cowbell and clever motivational sign.
6. You consider it a special treat when she puts on a real bra.6 of 21
Because running tights and sports bras are not only functional, they are COMFY.
7. A passionate night at home might include massaging their sore calves or shin splints.7 of 21
8. The closet has more running clothes than street clothes.8 of 21
All those post-race finisher T-shirts have to go somewhere.
9. Laundry day means an entirely separate load for just running clothes.9 of 21
Or maybe two.
10. You've learned to appreciate their, um, well-worked feet.10 of 21
Calluses, blisters and runner's toe, oh my!
11. Sometimes you try to run with your sweetheart.11 of 21
It usually doesn't work out.
12. Yet, other times, couple runs can make the perfect date night.12 of 21
And memories are made.
13. You find ways to preoccupy yourself while your S.O. is out on one of their many long runs.13 of 21
Because a Netflix marathon is just as legit as a real marathon.
14. YOU wake up when THEIR alarm goes off for yet another morning run.14 of 21
No going back to sleep now.
15. Your house/apartment is littered with headphones, water bottles, watches, running belts, etc.15 of 21
Accessories on accessories on accessories.
16. So. Many. Socks.16 of 21
17. Don't mess with their pre-race meals.17 of 21
A PR depends on it.
18. But you're more than happy to join them for post-race meals.18 of 21
Spectating is exhausting, amirite?
19. You are now oddly attracted to compression socks.19 of 21
Compression is the new black.
20. Regardless of the quirky things your partner does, you're proud of your runner.20 of 21
Your love goes to the ends of the earth. (Your S.O. will run there.)