Citizens Braggin Rights Fishing TournamentApril 25, 2020 Port OConnor 3674 W Adams St Port O'Connor, TX 77982 View Map Organized by Citizens Braggin Rights Fishing Tournament
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Port OConnor3674 W Adams St Port O'Connor, TX 77982
Join us for our 10th Anniversary of the Citizens Braggin Rights Fishing Tournament! This tournament is designed to get Citizens Medical Center employees and physicians, and their friends and family, out on the water for a fun day of fishing. Each team of 4 must have ONE CMC emploee on board. Tournament features several divisions so both seasoned and novice anglers can be in the running for prizes.
Here are the tournament Rules and Regs below:
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Tournament rain or shine. Tournament may be cancelled or delayed if unsafe weather conditions exist.
- Anglers may use live or artificial bait and may wade or drift in any body of saltwater. Fishing must be done with rod and reel.
- Tournament scales will open at 2PM and close at 4PM at the Pavilion. Anyone not in line at 4PM will be disqualified. All weigh master decisions are final. Any protests must be submitted to the weigh master within 5 minutes of the decision.
- Species for the Combo Stringer are redfish, black drum, spotted sea trout, flounder, and sheepshead. Hard Luck Stringer consists of any fish including gaftop, ladyfish, shark, sand trout, whiting and/or hard head.
- Only slot (20-28”) reds and slot trout (15-25”) will be accepted. Trout and reds over the slot, while legal, will not be measured or weighed. All anglers must have valid license as per TPW guidelines.
- Prizes awarded for Longest/Heaviest Redfish, Longest/Heaviest Trout, and Combo Stringer. Combo Stringer includes NO MORE THAN TWO OF SAME SPECIES OF trout, black drum, flounder, sheepshead and redfish. All fish will be measured in their natural condition. The weigh master will conduct the weigh in and make all decisions concerning the legality of the submitted fish. 3 fish, no more or less.
- Side Pots available for entry for all categories for $5 or 5 for $20. 1st Place individual in each category wins the side pot. Side pot includes Spot Pot category (most spots on a slot redfish). Connecting spots count as 1 spot.
- A fish used in the individual category (heaviest, longest, etc.) may NOT be counted toward the Combo or Hard Luck stringer.
- All ties are determined by who weighed-in first.
When you arrive at the check in, before you weigh in your fish, you will need to TAG your fish with a colored tag, based on category. You must tag all of your fish based on what category you want to place them in PRIOR to going up to the weigh station on stage.
Event details and schedule
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Check-in at Stella 5:00 – 5:45AM
Captain’s Meeting 5:45AM
Launch Boats 6:00AM
Weigh In Begins 2:00PM
Weigh In Ends 4:00PM
Fish Fry Dinner 6:00PM
(Raffle Drawings throughout the Evening!)
PRIZES AND AWARDS*
Longest/Heaviest Red, Longest/ Heaviest Trout, Longest/Heaviest Gaftop, Longest/Heaviest Fish, Prizes as follows:
- 1st Place Cash & Plaque (individual)
- 2nd Place Cash & Plaque (individual)
- 3rd Place Plaque (individual)
Heaviest Combo Stringer (3 fish)
Combo of trout, black drum, flounder, sheephead, redfish. Cannot have 3 of same species on this stringer.
Hard Luck Stringer (3 fish)
Any mix of gafftop, hardhead, shark, whiting, etc.
Prizes as follows:
- 1st Place Cash & Plaques (team)
- 2nd Place Cash & Plaques (team)
- 3rd Place Plaques (team)
See Tournament Rules and Regs for specifics on prizes