Active.com is always looking for new writers. We welcome coaches, athletes, fitness enthusiasts, personal trainers, industry experts, and anyone who wants to share information about how to live a healthy, active lifestyle.
What We Publish
- Instructional Articles
- Articles for Beginners
- Training Tips
- Racing Tips
- Nutrition Tips (weight loss, easy recipes, sports nutrition, health and wellness)
- Videos Tips
- Benefits of ... (warming up, yoga, stretching, protein, etc.)
- Healthy Recipes
- Seasonal Content
- Gear Reviews
- Event Previews and Reviews / Race Reports
- Inspirational pieces that offer advice
- Interviews / Q&As
- Time-saving tips for athletes
- Injury Prevention
- Strength Training
- Sports Nutrition
- General Health
- Women’s Health and Fitness
- Outdoors (camping, hiking, outdoor activities, fishing)
- Active Family
- Yoga (yoga for athletes, poses, benefits of, when to practice)
- Green Training and Racing Content for Endurance Athletes
- Team Sports
- Sports Camps
Articles should be clear and concise. The length of each piece may vary but a good rule of thumb is to aim for 600 to 1000 words.
- Avoid first person. The focus of the article should be on the athlete and how they can improve.
- Be concise and keep sentences short.
- Use lists and subheads to break up text.
- Write with an active voice. (e.g. Active Voice: Run two miles to warm up. Vs. Passive Voice: Running two miles to warm up is a good idea.)
- Define technical terms.
How to Submit?
Please submit articles to Elizabeth.Grimsley@ActiveNetwork.com.
Why write for Active.com?
We do not offer monetary compensation; however, there are benefits of writing for Active.com that include:
- Exposure: Active.com has more than 5 million newsletter subscribers, 1 million Facebook fans, and infinitely more aspiring athletes. As a contributor, you receive exposure for your name or brand via attribution on your articles.
- Credibility: Writing for Active.com can help expand your reputation in your field and build trust from potential customers. We encourage you to link to your Active articles from your own website and promote the fact that you are an Active.com writer.
- Active Advantage: Consistent contributors can request a free Active Advantage membership code and enjoy exclusive savings on events, gear and more. If interested, ask your editor about this opportunity once you begin publishing content on Active.
We do not guarantee publication, but we will consider all material that is submitted.
From the Editors of ACTIVE.com