This year's Jordan Brand Classic, presented by Foot Locker, will be played at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, April 17th, at 8 p.m. and will be televised nationally live on ESPN2.
The list of 20 players selected to play in this year's game includes:
- Jared Sullinger from Columbus (Northland) OH
- Harrison Barnes from Ames (H.S.) IA
- Brandon Knight from Ft. Lauderdale (Pine Crest) FL
- Kyrie Irving from Elizabeth (St. Patrick) NJ
- Tobias Harris from Dix Hill (Half Hollow Hills West) NY
- Josh Selby from Baltimore (Lake Clifton) MD
- Tristan Thompson from Henderson (Findlay Prep) NV
- DeShaun Thomas from Ft. Wayne (Bishop Luers) IN
- Josh Smith from Covington (Kentwood) WA
- Terrence Jones from Portland (Jefferson) OR
- Will Barton from Wolfeboro (Brewster Academy) NH
- Doron Lamb from Mouth of Wilson (Oak Hill) VA
- Cory Joseph from Henderson (Findlay Prep) NV
- Dion Waiters from Burlington (Life) NJ
- Perry Jones from Duncanville (H.S.) TX
- Reggie Bullock from Kinston (H.S.) NC
- Kendall Marshall from Arlington (Bishop O'Connell) VA
- Jelan Kendrick from Marietta (Wheeler) GA
- C.J. Leslie from Raleigh (Word of God) NC
- Roscoe Smith from Mouth of Wilson (Oak Hill) VA
This comes right on the heels of the announcement of McDonald's All-American Team, which was also was announced on a special ESPNU Selection Show. And, with that in mind, you're probably wondering which game has the best talent. First of all, it's important to point out that there are 17 players (Sullinger, Barnes, Knight, Irving, Harris, Selby, Thompson, Thomas, Smith, Jones, Lamb, Joseph, Jones, Bullock, Marshall, Kendrick, and Leslie) who have been selected to play in both games.
Right now, the race for bragging rights in the two top high school all-stars games that will be held this spring appears to be too close to call. We also think it's interesting to point out that nine players (Sullinger, Knight, Barnes, Irving, Harris, Barton, Jones, Bullock, and Marshall) will get a chance to play in three all-stars games this spring due to the fact that they have been selected to play in the NIKE Hoop Summit, which will held on Saturday, April 10th in Portland, Ore. If you will recall, the Nike Hoop Summit is exempt from the NCAA rule, which prohibits players from playing in only two all-star games prior to their graduation from high school.