The late, great Dick Clark said it best, "Music is the soundtrack of our lives." So, it only makes sense that when we're enjoying the best of what life has to offer, from hiking to camping and enjoying time with friends, the right music makes all the difference.
But, what is on your playlist for the next outdoor adventure? Up the ante with one of our playlists, and add some of your epic adventure tunes, too.
Though many consider the sounds of nature to be better than any music you could put on, sometimes a longer hike is more enjoyable with the right music. A little upbeat, while still keeping a relaxed feel, our playlist is perfect for your next hike.
- Barrel of a Gun, Guster
- People to People, State Radio
- Oxford Comma, Vampire Weekend
- White Winter Hymnal, Fleet Foxes
- Old Pine, Ben Howard
- Cosmic Love, Florence and the Machine
- Old Man, Neil Young
- Take it Easy, The Eagles
- America, Simon and Garfunkel
- We Are Nowhere and It's Now, Bright Eyes
Camping is an amazing experience. Other than a campfire, however, music is crucial to setting the mood for a great weekend. If you're road tripping to the campground, roll the windows down and give this playlist a try.
- Here Comes the Sun, Beatles
- Road Trippin', Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- What I Got, Sublime
- Into the Great Wide Open, Tom Petty
- Country Road, James Taylor
- One Way Out, The Allman Brothers
- The Cave, Mumford and Sons
- Sweet Disposition, The Temper Trap
- Howlin' For You, The Black Keys
- Houdini, Foster the People