Kale, Quinoa and Avocado Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
Healthy recipe provided by Allrecipes.com, submitted by Stephanie.
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 bunch kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
More: Red Quinoa Pilaf Recipe
Place the kale in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam until the kale is hot, about 45 seconds; transfer to a large plate. Top the kale with the quinoa, avocado, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion and feta cheese.
Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sea salt and black pepper together in a bowl until the oil emulsifies into the dressing; pour over the salad.
Nutritional Information (1 Serving)
- 342 calories
- 20.3 grams of fat (3.1 grams of saturated fat)
- 552 milligrams of sodium
- 35.4 grams of carbohydrates
- 6.4 grams of fiber
- 8.9 grams of protein
Makes 4 Servings
Perfect your nutrition to boost your performance. Sign up for a race near you.