19. It takes 14 minutes of dancing to burn off the calories in just one chocolate chip cookie. Think before you eat.
20. Just one large bite of a candy bar would require 25 minutes of walking to burn off. Think before you eat.
21. It takes more than three hours of walking to burn off the calories in a cup and a half of chocolate ice cream. Think before you eat.
22. Beware of foods that wear a health halo. So many foods these days want you think they're healthy when they're not. Read labels and don't be fooled.
23. If you can't afford to buy everything organic, at least buy these: peaches, apples, celery, sweet bell peppers and strawberries.
24. Make sure you pick the right fats. A little olive oil or avocado or salmon is good, but stay away from saturated and trans-fats.
25. You can't lose weight by just dieting or just exercising. You have to do both. Find time to create all-new healthy patterns in your life and you'll find success.
26. There's nothing stronger than the power of two. Get your spouse or best friend involved in your new healthy life. Eat healthy together. Exercise together. You'll succeed together.
27. Get a pedometer and walk at least 10,000 steps a day. Walking is one of the healthiest things you can do, and it can be as simple as walking your kids to school or strolling with your spouse after dinner.
28. Find practical opportunities to exercise. Walk your dog instead of letting it out in the backyard, or ride your bike to the grocery store instead of driving.
29. Find exercises you enjoy. Don't like running? How about jumping rope at the park with your kids, or find a dance class that keeps you moving.
30. If you eat a double burger with fries and a soda you'll need to walk almost six hours to burn off the calories. Think before you eat.
31. Swap out the car for the bike. It helps the environment, saves money and burns 423 calories an hour.
32. It's great to dream about a new healthy life, but there's no magic; the magic is you. Write down your dreams, and then create a plan that helps you achieve them.
33. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator is great, but it's not enough. If you really want to lose weight, you need at least an hour of exercise every day. You can find the time; you really can.
34. Serious about losing weight? Advice: Walk at least 60 to 90 minutes a day. It doesn't have to be all at once.
35. Give yourself little pep talks. Create personal affirmations reminding yourself that you can do it. It really does help.
Perfect your nutrition to boost your performance. Sign up for a race near you.