43. Park farther away. How much time have you wasted looking around for a space close to the door? Avoid the stress—and burn a few calories—by parking off the beaten track.
44. Take the stairs. Just a few extra steps a day can really add up—and take off the pounds in the long run. So skip the elevator and use the stairs.
45. Stop smoking. Pick up a new healthy habit instead of hurting your body. When you crave a cigarette, go for a walk or jog instead. Keep your mind off of smoking by adding healthy activities to your life.
46. Keep a jump rope in your bag. If you have a jump rope in your bag, you will always have a workout on hand. When you have five minutes, just jump for a bit. Get your heart rate up and burn calories whether you're on your lunch break, at your kids' game or walking around your neighborhood.
47. Make a bet. Find a friend or co-worker who wants to lose weight. Make a deal that whoever loses the most weight will win a gift certificate to their favorite store. Or, you can donate $1 for every pound you lose to your favorite charity. This can keep you motivated to keep moving.
48. Make it a vacation. Sign up for a destination event. Why not sign up for a race in Hawaii? You'll have the motivation to train and after the race you can relax on the warm sandy beaches. Or, make a trip to Europe. One of the best ways to see a country is through a race. You get to run on local roads that tourists don't get to see.
49. Get dropped off somewhere. You will have to walk/run back home. You might dread the idea at first, but you're working out and burning calories. You might even discover parts of your neighborhood you never knew about.
50. Reward yourself with a nice meal out. Each time you accomplish a milestone toward your goal, reward yourself to a nice dinner. Be careful not to over indulge. But, when you dine out at an upscale restaurant, it's a special feeling. You deserve to treat yourself after all the hard work you put your body through.
51. Put your alarm on the opposite side of the room. When you get up, you will be forced to get out of bed and turn it off. You just tricked yourself to get out of bed without hitting snooze. Now go get ready for the gym and start your day off right.
52. Weigh yourself. Weigh yourself once a week to see how you're doing. If your goal was to lose four pounds and you only lost one, you'll know you need to step it up the next week. Keep track of your food intake and analyze what helped you get through your workouts. When you weigh yourself, make sure you use the same scale. Each scale is a bit off, so use the same machine to get an accurate number.
53. Throw on your favorite music and have a dance party. Dancing is a great full-body workout. You use your legs, core and arms. You won't feel like you're working out because you'll be having so much fun. Many local community centers and gyms offer dance classes, so check out their schedule and see what works for you. If you can't make it to a class, just dance around your home. Turn off the TV, get off the couch, and move.
54. Buy a video game that gets you moving. Many game consoles have fun, interactive games that help to get you in shape. You can dance, Zumba, yoga, kick box and more. The systems even keep track of your progress so you can see how your skills improve over time. You can break a serious sweat!