Have you ever gone on your Cinderella search? You know, the search for the perfect
ski boot. It can be an agonizing search, but oh-so vital. A poorly fit boot can kill your day skiing
on the hill, or even your entire ski trip
. The ski boot is your comfort, warmth and performance so take the time to get it right.
- Remember ski boots are not sneakers; they are supposed to fit snug. Also, shoe size does not matter at all, get sized from the get go.
- Find the right ski shop and boot fitter. Be open, honest and descriptive. Express concerns, but be open minded. Remember, these guys are professionals; they know what they are doing and know how to fix your issues.
- Bring your ski socks, and no, they should not be thick. Light to mid-weight and 3-way stretch is best; like all ski technology, socks have advanced as well, so embrace it.
- Footbeds are a wise investment. You can’t build a house without a foundation, nor should you fit a boot without that foundation. That foundation gives you stability, comfort, and helps keep warm blood flowing to your toes.
- Alterations can be made to the shell and liner. If you find a boot that feels pretty good from the get go, see what can be done to take care of pressure points. Consistent pressure ensures comfort, regardless of how snug the boot is.
Start off by heading to your local shop… it’s the first step in your quest for your glass slipper.
Get ready to hit the slopes with a training plan