It's fall, which means everyone is all, "pumpkin-this, pumpkin-that" but these gluten-free pumpkin pancakes take the cake.
21 Day Fix creator Autumn Calabrese and her brother, professional chef Bobby Calabrese, made these pumpkin pancakes live on Facebook and are sharing the recipe right in time for you to impress all your friends at brunches this fall.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes with Peanut Butter Cup Syrup
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 8 pancakes
Ingredients (for the pancakes):
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
¼ cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp raw honey
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
½ tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients (for the syrup):
½ cup pure maple syrup
¼ oz bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
2 tsp all-natural peanut butter
1) Combine maple syrup, chopped chocolate, and peanut butter in a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Add contents of blender to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, whisking constantly until chocolate and peanut butter have melted and the syrup is smooth and thick, 1-2 minutes. Kill the heat and set aside.
2) Combine AP flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3) Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, honey, almond milk, and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
4) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk just until a smooth batter forms.
5) Heat a non-stick, or cast iron pan over medium heat, spray with non-stick spray and wipe out with a clean paper towel so that only the thinnest layer of grease remains.
6) Add ¼ Cup of pancake batter to pan and cook until bubbles in center of cake begin to set, approx. 2 minutes.
7) Flip cake and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until underside is browned. Remove to a plate, then repeat process with additional batter until all pancakes are finished.
8) Top each pancake with 1 T finished syrup and enjoy!
Want more of Autumn & her brother Bobby's cooking? Check out their show Fixate on Beachbody On Demand. Perfect portions. Delicious food. Healthy weight loss.
Find more healthy recipes.