A successful block is accomplished when either the ball rebounds off the hands of the blocker and directly back into the opponent's court or deflects off the hands in such a way that the blocker's team may play the ball. Here is a drill you can practice to master blocking and make your team's defense stronger.
- Two sides of six players
- Coach standing on the same side of the net at one of the antennas
- Coach bounces the ball and the MB and Outside blocker on coach's side make a blocking move-players go to base to read
- Coach strikes the ball and the two sides play it out
- Coach then goes under the net and repeats the process to the other side
- Any number of scoring systems will work, but we recommend wash scoring with the first side to win three straight balls wins