1. Two words: wetsuit legal.1 of 30
There IS a God!
2. Short poo-queues.2 of 30
Because we have other things to do than stand in line for the porta potty.
3. The variety of training involved.3 of 30
Why excel at one sport when you can be average at three?
4. 70.3 and 140.6 car decals.4 of 30
How else will people know you're a triathlete when you're driving around town?!
5. Race swag.5 of 30
T-shirts! Bags! Hats! Oh my!
6. On-course Coca-Cola.6 of 30
Can't beat the real thing … literally.
7. Tan lines.7 of 30
It's a badge of honor, tbh.
8. "(Insert name here)" PA announcement when you cross the finish line.8 of 30
We get teary just thinking about it.
9. Spectator friendly courses.9 of 30
#HiMom #HiDad #KissTheBaby
10. Building playlists for your long runs.10 of 30
Because a perfect mix of tunes makes the miles fly by.
11. PRs.11 of 30
Even if it's just one minute faster than your last race.
12. Checking out your race photos a few weeks later to see how good you looked out there.12 of 30
13. Salt.13 of 30
Because cramping is literally the worst.
14. IV fluids.14 of 30
Med tent anyone?
15. Remembering to start and stop your watch.15 of 30
How will anyone know how great you did without adequate proof?
16. A flat course that is actually flat.16 of 30
17. A race with a down channel swim.17 of 30
Anything to make that dreaded first leg easier, amirite?
18. When the aid station has your favorite gel flavor.18 of 30
*Gets second wind*
19. All-aero-everything.19 of 30
It basically turns us into race cars. And who wouldn't want to slice through the air like a racecar?
20. Telling everyone about your race.20 of 30
Over, and over, and over… We're just proud, OK?
21. The fact that it's a lifestyle more than a sport.21 of 30
And your life will never be the same as before you did your first tri.
22. A good tailwind.22 of 30
Or really any tailwind at all… Anything to help.
23. The long-awaited post-race cheat meal.23 of 30
So many hot dogs, so little time. Also beer. And pizza. Did we mention burritos?
24. Massage tent.24 of 30
25. Close parking on race morning.25 of 30
Because when you're about to race for an hour or 10, why walk further than you have to?
26. All the gear. Seriously, all of it.26 of 30
Yes, I do need a new $700 wetsuit thankyouverymuch.
27. Sensing the excitement of a first-timer.27 of 30
And wishing you could be back there again, too.
28. Race day volunteers.28 of 30
The race literally wouldn't be happening without them, and you might not finish without their cheers of support.
29. The relief and total elation that washes over you when you cross the finish line.29 of 30
Because after all the hours of training, obstacles along the way and putting 200 percent effort into your race, you FINALLY did it. OMG WHY AM I CRYING RIGHT NOW?!