From missing toenails to the lingering scent of chlorine, here are the top 20 ways to tell you're officially addicted to the sport.
We asked our social media community the classic question, and couldn't help but smile at the wry (and often heartfelt) answers we received. Read on for our Top 20 list and "like" us on Facebook to let us know how you'd fill in the blank.
20. "You see a 26.2 sticker on a car and you say to yourself 'That's all?'" - Jason C Newton
19. "None of your friends will train with you anymore." - Paul Hill
18. "Mike Reilly says so." - Mike Wetherell
17. "You spend more money on your bike than your car." - Jennifer Rendle
16. "When you say to your friends, 'it's JUST a marathon!'" - Michael Friedman
15. "You have more workout clothes than work clothes." - Carrie Smurawa-Calaway
14. "You've peed on yourself two to three times that day. And that's just on the bike and run. Swim start peeing doesn't count." - Tom Scheer
13. "When you stand looking out over a beautiful lake, and your only thought is ... I'd like to swim that!" - Leonard Smith
12. "The tattoo is done!" - Folkert Wierda
11. "You no longer think of a brick as a masonry construction term." - Robert Allen
10. "When you find youself saying things like 'I'm busy tomorrow, I may only get in a five-hour workout.'" - Brian McMillin
9. "When you wear your finisher's hat and medal with an IronDad T-shirt and flipflops to a 'coat and tie required' steakhouse after the race and they gladly let it slide." - Eric Keltner
8. "When your cologne is chlorine." - Jacob Ferrell
7. "You book a race on your first wedding anniversary by mistake. All the while your wife knows and supports and encourages you signing up." - Darin Fulks
6. "When your Facebook profile picture is of you finishing an Ironman, and you've decide not change it until you finish your next one." - John Hessenthaler
5. "You start wearing tri shorts as normal underwear." - Andy Owens
4. "When you have little to no toe nails left." - Blake Aaron Johnston
3. "You get goose bumps every time you watch one." - James Garris
2. "When you race for the ones that can't." - James Garris
1. "You smile and understand every one of these comments." - Endr? Sparkes
Sign up for an IRONMAN.