3. Hull and Boat Structure
Next on the safety checklist: Look for any de-lamination or structural cracks on the hull, especially on any underwater surfaces. Also, have a clear idea of your sailing plans for the year and plan accordingly. Check and service the following equipment, as well:
- Service winches and other deck hardware
- Rudder and steering systems
4. Mast and Rigging
It's recommended that these items be professionally serviced and checked:
- Standing rigging
- Running rigging
- Sheaves and other moving pieces
- Fastenings and overall structure
- Wash and dry all sails, have them professionally inspected
- Replace or repair any sails that are past their prime
- Store sails in a clean/dry location when not in use
More: Boat Speed: High and Slow or Low and Fast?
Feed your love for the ocean. Find a
sailing event near you.