Running is so much more than a sport—it's a lifestyle—and it can take over every aspect of your existence, from what you eat to what time you go to bed. And like any obsession, it also comes with its share of nuisances, the kind that only those equally obsessed can understand.
1. When non-runners say things like "Running is bad for your knees, you know."
Oh yeah? You know what is bad for your body? Not running.
2. When it rains on a long run day. Or any run day, for that matter.
Why, Mother Nature, why?
3. Losing toenails.
Or do we actually love it? #BadgeofHonor
4. Injuries that sideline you.
Because not running is the worst.
5. Having to stop to poop in the middle of a run.
Didn't I already do this before I left the house?
6. Owners who can't control their pets.
Yes, your dog is cute. But he just screwed up my average pace, and that is definitely not cute.
7. Shoe hot spots.
It just doesn't make sense.
8. People who stop in the middle of the aid station.
News flash: You're not the only person running this race.