1. When non-runners say things like "Running is bad for your knees, you know."1 of 27
Oh yeah? You know what is bad for your body? Not running.
2. When it rains on a long run day. Or any run day, for that matter.2 of 27
Why, Mother Nature, why?
3. Losing toenails.3 of 27
Or do we actually love it? #BadgeofHonor
4. Injuries that sideline you.4 of 27
Because not running is the worst.
5. Having to stop to poop in the middle of a run.5 of 27
Didn't I already do this before I left the house?
6. Owners who can't control their pets.6 of 27
Yes, your dog is cute. But he just screwed up my average pace, and that is definitely not cute.
7. Shoe hot spots.7 of 27
It just doesn't make sense.
8. People who stop in the middle of the aid station.8 of 27
News flash: You're not the only person running this race.
9. Blisters.9 of 27
To pop or not to pop?
10. When a slow song somehow winds up on your running playlist.10 of 27
"My heart will go onnnnnn and onnnnn..."
11. Earbuds that won't stay in.11 of 27
Right foot, left foot, fix earbud, right foot, fix earbud, left foot.
12. Being forced to wait while your watch tries to find a GPS signal.12 of 27
"Searching for GPS signal."
13. Running apparel that you took out a second mortgage for, but actually isn't functional at all.13 of 27
How can something so expensive be so terrible?
14. Honking or catcalling.14 of 27
Let me tell you just how much that makes me want to go out with you.
15. Getting caught at every crosswalk.15 of 27
16. Groups of people that take up the entire sidewalk/road.16 of 27
It's great that you're friends and all, but seriously.
17. When your watch or app stops working and you don't realize it until halfway through your run.17 of 27
Did it even count? #TechnologyFail
20. Having a bad run.18 of 27
Yesterday's run was so awesome, though.
18. Runners who start in the wrong race corral.19 of 27
And then you spend the first three miles passing them.
19. Other runners that just won't let you pass.20 of 27
Swallow your pride and let me by, dude.
21. Trying a new GU flavor. And not loving it.21 of 27
I'm talking to you, Maple Bacon.
22. Chafing.22 of 27
23. Long lines at race Porta Potties.23 of 27
And then having to actually use the Porta Potties.
24. Ice.24 of 27
Thank goodness for Yaktrax.
25. Runny noses on runs.25 of 27
They go together like PB&J.
26. People who give you a hard time for running.26 of 27
"Can't you just skip your run today?"