Runners are a quirky, nuanced bunch, but that doesn't mean we're difficult to please. In fact, we have a rarely seen appreciation for the simplest things in life. Each of these things holds a very special place in our hearts.
1. Eating and eating (and eating)1 of 24
Post-long run? Give me all of the pizza.
2. Post-race beer2 of 24
Or, really, just beer in general. Move over Gatorade.
3. Farting without judgment3 of 24
So casual. So liberating.
4. Bonding with friends during a long run4 of 24
Want to get to know someone? Run next to them for a couple of hours.
5. Fully stocked aid stations5 of 24
Is there anything better in this world? No, no there is not.
6. That new shoe smell6 of 24
So many options. So much room for activities.
7. Running in the rain7 of 24
Hello puddle jumping.
8. Talking about running8 of 24
Don't ask how our run went unless you've got a half hour to kill.
9. Unexpected PRs9 of 24
The best surprise.
10. Well-earned PRs10 of 24
The best reward.
11. A great playlist11 of 24
Nothing helps push the pace like the perfect song at the perfect time.
12. A great podcast12 of 24
When the run is too long for music, a good podcast is clutch—and clutch is everything in life.
13. New gear13 of 24
It's like Christmas every. single. time.
14. Compliments14 of 24
On our legs, on our commitment… on our distinct level of crazy. All of it, really.
15. Free race entries15 of 24
The only thing better than race day is race day fo' free.
16. A great pair of socks16 of 24
Few things are more important than the oft-underrated sock.
17. Being able to run anywhere, anytime17 of 24
All we need is a path and a pair of shoes.
18. Runner's high (yes, it's real)18 of 24
What's better than running? The feeling we get after the run.
19. How it reduces stress19 of 24
Life is full of stressors. Running trumps them all.
20. Early morning runs20 of 24
By the time others are waking up, you've knocked out five miles and your second cup of…
21. Coffee21 of 24
Whether it's a pre-run primer or a post-run reward, we love our morning cup o' joe.
22. Wearing running clothes around town22 of 24
Um, yes, hi. I'm an athlete. See how athletic I look?
23. Carbs23 of 24
More specifically, our super-human ability to consume massive amounts of carbohydrates on a regular basis. #SorryNotSorry