Most relationships involve lots of kisses, date nights and wooing each other with romantic gestures and shiny things. Dating a runner, however, tends to add a new dimension to romance.
1. Their birthday/anniversary/Christmas wish lists consist of new running shoes or the latest running gear.
Unfortunately, this doesn't mean you'll save money because you're not buying fancy jewelry or the hottest tech gadget. Have you seen this watch? Definitely on my birthday list (That's Oct. 11, if you were wondering).
2. You are often at happy hour solo because your S.O. is running.
They might show up at the bar post-run—albeit sweaty, stinky and glistening with sweat.
3. Your vacations are often in conjunction with a destination race.
Because who doesn't love to push your body to its limits while on vacation?
4. Speaking of vacations... Just because a runner is on a trip doesn't mean they'll take a break.
It's actually more fun to get out for a run in a new city—more exploring!
5. You know not to make plans on race day.
You'll be found at various points along the course, ideally, with a cowbell and clever motivational sign.
6. You consider it a special treat when she puts on a real bra.
Because running tights and sports bras are not only functional, they are COMFY.
7. A passionate night at home might include massaging their sore calves or shin splints.