The London 2012 Olympic Games qualifier is on Saturday, January 14, 2012 in Houston.
Did you know?
1) This event will produce the first members of the U.S. Olympic Track & Field Team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London - six qualifiers (three men and three women).
2) Houston is the first city to host both the men's and women's qualifying races at the same Olympic Trials.
3) Ryan Hall's 2:04:58 from Boston 2011 is the fastest Olympic Trials qualifying time ever.
4) To-date, after seven U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials editions, no U.S. woman has repeated as Olympic Trials champion. Frank Shorter is the only repeat men's Trials champion (1972 and 1976).
5) This is the deepest U.S. women's marathon field at the Trials with the most qualifiers ever: sub-2:25 (2), sub-2:30 (7), sub-2:35 (18) and sub-2:40 (50).
6) Linda Somers Smith is the only person (male or female) to-date to qualify by time standard for seven U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials.
7) Qualifier Kelly Calway, US Army Captain, earned a Bronze Star Medal while deployed in Iraq.
8) Houston is the first city to host three Olympic Marathon Trials (also women's 1992 Olympic Trials).
9) Qualifier Caroline White, Air Force Captain, is an F-15 fighter jet pilot.
10) Qualifier Brooke Wells is a regular columnist on the Huffington Post's "Heal".
11) Sixth fastest women's qualifier Stephanie Rothstein's 28th birthday is January 14, the same day as the 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials.
12) This event will be the 12th U.S. Men's Olympic Marathon Trials.race.