This cookie dough can be prepared ahead of time, stored in the freezer and used as needed.
The baked cookies are melt-in-your-mouth good.
- 1 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips
* For a fresh idea, add 1/2 cup grated zucchini or carrot.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix sugar, pumpkin and butter in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from cookie sheet and allow the cookies to cool.
Makes 24 Cookies
Perfect your nutrition to boost your performance. Sign up for a race near you.