1. Find a good blender.
You'll want a blender that can handle ice cubes. A "crush ice" feature is perfect for making delicious smoothies. Instead of plain ice cubes, you could substitute frozen juices or teas.
For a single-serving smoothie, use the following basic ingredients:
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- Organic sweetener to taste
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 to 1/2 cup (total) of fruits, veggies, milk or juice
2. Add nutrients.
Add a tablespoon or two of ground flaxseed for fiber, a crushed chewable vitamin C tablet, the contents of a vitamin E capsule, some protein powder, or a few leaves of a fresh herb. This will boost your intake of important vitamins and minerals to replenish your body with nutrients.
3. Experiment with ingredients.
Get creative. Experiment with different combinations. You may have a few "failures," but you're just as likely to come up with something you absolutely love. Below are a few recipes you can start with. Remember, you can always switch ingredients according to your taste.
Race Recovery Smoothie Recipes
Chocolate and Banana Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Unsweetened chocolate powder or cocoa nibs to taste
- Honey or rice syrup to taste
1. Blend all ingredients, tasting as the chocolate and honey are added.