Make the scale move!Log your workouts and meals, see your body change over time, and stay on target with progress reports from My Health Trackers at prevention.com/healthtrackers.
Your Fat-burning Game PlanEvery day:
- Wear a pedometer.
- Eat five mini-meals (300 calories each).
- Log your food choices before you eat.
- Drink at least six 8-ounce glasses of cold water.
- Lift weights, doing multi-muscle moves such as chest presses. (For free routines, go to prevention.com/dumbbellworkout.)
- Rest no more than 20 seconds between sets while strength-training.
- Snack before your workout (see Step 4 for suggestions).
- Schedule exercise before a meal so you eat within a half hour of finishing your workout. Track your heart rate during cardio.
- Change one move in your workout routine every Monday. For example, swap push-ups for chest presses one week, lunges for squats the next, and so on.
- Plan an active outing such as hiking.