Understanding how the human body functions can help you understand various exercise moves. When you understand how muscles coordinate with exercise you can trim fat, build muscle and reach your fitness goals more quickly because you know what moves affect different muscle group. Learn a fact or two, teach a friend something new and get moving. Challenge your anatomy knowledge and see how well you know the human body.
More: 5 Spine-Specific Stretches
Do You Know Your Muscles?
1. The Gluteus Maximus is the largest muscle in your body.
2. Which is the hardest working muscle in your body?
A) Plantar fascia
B) Gluteus Maximus
3. The Orbicularis Oris muscle is also known as your __________:
A) Chin muscle
B) Kissing muscle
C) Pronator Teres
4. The Hamstring muscle is composed of four separate muscle groups.
5. The exercise, lat pull-down, works which of the following muscles?
B) Latissimus Dorsi
C) Zygomaticus muscle
D) Both A and B
E) All of the above