Teams that don't hit effectively won't succeed on the court.
Here's a breakdown of hitting drills to help organize your practices--and help your squad maximize their skills.
Step 1: Shoulder Warm-up
Players throw ball 30 yards apart. After this, start two-hand tosses to immediate bow and arrow position and hit at partner's feet.
Step 2: Approach
Approach without ball. Three-step approach.
Step 3: Spiking
To work on spikes, use the following rotation:
- Coach tosses 4’s-hit cross court
- Coach tosses 4’s-hit line
- Coach tosses 5’s- hit cross court
- Coach tosses 5’s-hit line
- Coach tosses X’s, use combo footwork
This drill will get every type of attack practiced in a short amount of time and will give each member of the team ample reps.