Want to eat like the pros? Inside Triathlon got a sneak peak into the refrigerators of some of the sport's top athletes. Here are their top 10 must-have items.
World Champ Chris "Macca" McCormack
- Chilies. I absolutely live on chilies—cannot eat enough of them—the hotter the better.
- Chocolate. I must admit I am addicted to this stuff, but Cadbury chocolate only.
- Mineral water. I have to drink water with bubbles.
- Cheese. I like all soft cheeses and blue cheese, not American cheese.
- Fresh orange juice
- Soy milk. I don't drink this to be trendy, and I am not lactose intolerant. I am just not a big fan of dairy foods and actually prefer soy.
Triathlon Events Near You
What's Macca's favorite?
"Chocolate, and I cannot live without chilies. I just live for the burn. It's like a mini-competition with myself. Just how much can I eat and how hot can I go? I hunt for the world's hottest chilies."
Olympian Sarah Haskins
- Plain or vanilla yogurt. I love it as a snack or dessert when sweetened with honey and granola.
- Natural peanut butter. I eat it every day mixed into my oatmeal.
- Avocados. I mix them with salsa for a great veggie dip.
- Newman's Light Honey Mustard.
- Organic milk
- Apples. They are one of my favorite snacks and I eat them with natural peanut butter.
- Pure Bars
- First Endurance liquid gel shots, vanilla flavor. They are essential for my long rides.
- Liquid egg whites. These are perfect for omelets on a Sunday morning after a long run.
- Green or red peppers