You can eat this right out of the foil and it's yummy. Some of our friends like them so well they fix them at home in the oven when they want an evening snack.
Submitted by: Verla Matthews
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Crushed pineapple undrained
- Brown sugar
- Butter or margarine
- Optional maraschino cherries
- Round individual shortcakes (like those used with strawberries)
- Tear off a piece of foil big enough to make a tent over your piece of shortcake.
- Place your individual shortcake with indented side up on the foil.
- Place a spoonful of pineapple on top the shortcake with a bit of butter or margarine.
- Top with a heap of brown sugar.
- Place cherry on top. (you can't really go wrong with whatever amounts you use).
- Fold the foil over the cake and fixings to make a tent.
- Place the tent on hot coal.
- Depending on the heat of the coals cook for about 15 to 30 minutes.