This simple, rustic side dish is flavorful and healthy.
Rosemary, which has been used medicinally since ancient times, is a good source of iron, calcium and vitamin B6. It can help sooth muscle pain, improve memory, boost immunity and promote hair growth.
Red potatoes are packed with a concentrated source of energy—starch—that's great fuel for endurance athletes. Additionally, they're a good source of iron and vitamin C.
Serve this savory side with a main course or eat it as a pre-workout snack.
- 5 medium red skinned potatoes, sliced into thick wedges
- 1 medium white onion, coarsely sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium herbal blend (e.g., Mrs. Dash)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (may substitute 1 teaspoon dried)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the potatoes, onion and pepper in a small casserole dish.
3. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and then sprinkle them with garlic, lemon pepper and herbal blend. Toss together to distribute ingredients. Top with rosemary sprigs and place the dish in the oven.
4. Bake for about one hour, until the vegetables are golden and tender. Remove the rosemary sprigs and serve.
Makes 6 Servings
Perfect your nutrition to boost your performance. Sign up for a race near you.