10 Ways to Add Green to Your Day
1. Enjoy a juicy kiwi at breakfast, for a snack, or for a sweet treat after lunch.
2. Make a spinach salad and add broccoli, green peppers, green onions, and celery.
3. Assemble "ants on a log" by washing and cutting celery stalks into strips, filling each with either peanut butter or spreadable cheese, and topping with raisins or dried cranberries.
4. Saut? broccoli in olive oil and garlic for a delicious side dish.
5. Savor the sweet taste of green grapes either plain or cut-up on your favorite cereal or in chicken salad.
6. Enjoy raw strips of green pepper and broccoli florets with hummus as a snack.
7. Make a delicious minestrone soup with green beans, peas, and cabbage.
8. Prepare guacamole with ripe green avocados or add sliced avocado to a salad.
9. Saut? green peppers and onions to add to a sandwich or to make fajitas.
10. Roast cut-up green peppers, onions, and sweet potatoes by drizzling them with olive oil, adding dried rosemary or thyme, garlic powder, and freshly ground pepper. Toss to evenly coat vegetables.
Place the vegetables in a glass baking dish and bake for 45 to 60 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir every 20 minutes. Serve warm as a delicious and nutritious side dish with a baked fish, chicken or tofu.
Enjoy eating green this spring.Perfect your nutrition to boost your performance. Sign up for a race near you.