Spring is one of my favorite seasons. The extra daylight makes it easier to go for a walk after dinner, clean and de-clutter offices and living space, and break out the grill for different meals. Spring is also a great season for unique fruits and vegetables that are at a their peak nutrition and flavor. Here are the top five foods to try this spring.
This veggie is a good source of vitamins A and C, high in folate, and naturally low in calories, sodium, and fat. Their unique texture and flavor makes for a satisfying side dish.
- Try roasting them on the grill with lemon and garlic.
2. Butter lettuce
Butter Lettuce is an excellent source of vitamin K and a good source of vitamin A and calcium. This is a strong lettuce that works great as lettuce wraps or lettuce cups.
- Saut? onions, garlic, spices, and ground turkey.
- Top with siracha or low-sodium soy sauce.
- Wrap in butter lettuce for healthy lettuce wraps.
Rich in potassium, fiber, and iron, apricots are a great fruit to try this spring. They add a nice flavor and color to any healthy grain dish, such as barley or quinoa.
- Mix vegetables, apricots, and a vinaigrette.
- For a sweeter dish, mix apricots into pancake or muffin batters.