Photo and recipe by @goinggrainless
Whether you stick to a gluten-free diet, are cutting carbs or are just trying to eat more vegetables, this clever 100 percent grainless pizza recipe is for you. The crust is made from grated zucchini and almond flour, and takes just minutes to make. This version with bacon and eggs is great for a special brunch at home, or even as a fun weeknight dinner. Experiment with different toppings to customize your new favorite healthy pizza recipe.
More from feedfeed: Breakfast Egg Recipes
1 1/2 medium sized zucchini, grated (approx. 4 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup almond flour (or any other gluten free flour)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (as a dairy-free alternative use a soy cheese or top with nutritional yeast after baking)
8 pieces of bacon, cooked and sliced (omit for vegetarian)
6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
1/4 green pepper, sliced
Green onion, sliced
Dried chili flakes
More from feedfeed: Pizza Recipes
1. Preheat oven to 550F. The oven needs to be really hot for the crust and eggs to cook properly. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper or grease well.
2. In a mixing bowl add in grated zucchini. Use a tea towel to press excess water out of zucchini. You want it to be as dry as possible to avoid a soggy pizza crust.
3. Add in egg, flour and garlic. Mix well.
4. Form the zucchini “dough” into a pizza shape on the pizza pan using hands.
5. Bake for 10 minutes until the crust starts turning golden.
6. Remove from oven, top pizza with cheese. Crack eggs into the middle of the pizza. Add bacon, tomatoes, green pepper, green onions and chili flakes.
7. Place back into oven and bake for 5 to 8 minutes until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked.
- Breaking Bad Breakfast Habits
- 5 Breakfast Recipes for Athletes
- Why Athletes Shouldn't Skip Breakfast
Find more healthy recipes