Lower Body Tabata Workouts
- Bodyweight squat
- Jump squat
- Box jumps
- Dumbell or kettlebell goblet squats
Upper Body Tabata Workouts
- Triceps dip
- Plank row
Total Body Tabata Workouts
- Dumbbell or kettlebell thruster
- Mountain climbers
- Kettlebell swing
Cardiovascular Tabata Workouts
- Jump rope
- Indoor rower
- Stationary cycling
Tabata workouts are meant to be challenging, so be prepared to push yourself beyond your limits. Gather your equipment and give one of these Tabata routines a try.
1. Beginners: Bodyweight squats, 8 rounds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest.
2. Intermediate: Burpees, 8 rounds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest.
3. Advanced: Box jumps, 8 rounds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest. After you complete 8 rounds, rest for 2 to 4 minutes.
4. Follow the rest with 8 rounds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest of dumbbell thrusters.
Remember, any exercise will work. What you choose is ultimately up to you. Keep the intensity high and the rest short and you'll be on your way to becoming a Tabata expert in no time.
ACTIVEx Tabata Workouts App
Want more Tabata?
Download the ACTIVEx app, the world's first community-based fitness app.
The app features customizable Tabata-based interval workouts and group training experiences with in-app coaching. You can create and find "packs" to play with, download training plans for 5Ks, 10Ks and more, and celebrate your successes with friends and family.