How to Do Side Plank With Reverse Delt Fly
Note: Side plank can either be performed on the elbow or with a straight arm. Newbies should start on the elbow.
- Place your elbow directly below the shoulder.
- Stack your feet one over the other.
- Lift your hips off the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell with your free hand and extend that arm directly straight up--keep it aligned with your shoulder.
- Slowly lower that arm in front of you—arm is perpendicular to your body.
- Slowly lift that arm back up creating a "T".
How to Do Opposite Arm and Leg Plank
- Start in a plank position. Make sure your elbows or hands are directly under your shoulders.
- Tuck your tailbone slightly to create a straight back.
- Utilizing your core lift your right arm and left leg at the same time. Hold for two counts and then switch—lift your left arm and right leg.
Stay in shape in a fitness class.