Commercial Break #2
1. High knees:Jog in place, lifting knees as high as you can for 30 seconds.
2. Push-ups with a row: Holding a dumbbell in each hand, kneel with weights on floor and body extended to form a straight line from head to knees. (a) Bend elbows to sides and slowly lower body as close to floor as possible. Keep abs tight. (b) Hold for a second, push back up to starting position, and do a row with right arm, squeezing shoulder blades, bending elbow, and lifting dumbbell toward chest. Hold for a second, then slowly lower weight. Do another push-up followed by a row with left arm. Alternate arm rows for 90 seconds, taking breaks as needed.
Step touch (not shown): Step right foot to side about 2 feet and tap left foot next to right. Then step left foot out about 2 feet and tap right foot next to left. Continue stepping side to side.
Commercial Break #3
1. Jumping jacks: Stand with feet together, arms at sides. Hop feet apart, raising arms overhead. Then hop feet together, returning arms to sides. Continue for 30 seconds.
2. Wall squats with side raises: Hold a dumbbell in each hand, press back against wall, point toes forward, and slide down wall until legs form 90-degree angles, with knees directly over ankles. (Scoot feet farther away from wall, if needed.) Bend arms at 90-degree angles so dumbbells are about waist height in front. Slowly lift arms out to sides until dumbbells are at shoulder height. Hold for a second, then slowly lower. Repeat for 45 seconds.
3. Wall squats with shoulder presses: Maintaining the wall squat (you can stand if this is too hard), position dumbbells slightly above shoulder height with palms facing forward and elbows out to sides. Slowly press dumbbells overhead until arms are almost straight. Hold for a second, then slowly lower. Repeat for 45 seconds.
Kickbacks (not shown):Step right foot to side about 2 feet and kick left foot up behind you toward butt. Then lower left foot out to side and kick right foot up behind you. Let arms swing forward and back as you alternate sides.
Commercial Break #4
1. Ski jumps: Jump from side to side, as if you were hopping over a line. Keep feet together, and bend knees when you land. Jump for 30 seconds.
2. Triceps dips:Place hands on sides of a sturdy chair, feet flat on floor, and bend knees 90 degrees. Bending elbows behind you, slowly lower body until arms form 90-degree angles. Hold for a second, then press back up. Repeat for 45 seconds.
3. Dumbbell twists:Sit with legs bent and feet off floor. Hold a dumbbell in front of chest. Rotate torso (and dumbbell) slowly from side to side for 45 seconds. (If this is too challenging, keep feet flat on floor with knees bent.)