If there's one powerful pose for all-over toning it's Plank Pose. A truly foundational pose, plank builds arm and abdominal strength while keeping wrists supple and healthy.
In order to reap the benefits of Plank Pose, follow these instructions.
Set It Up
- Begin on all fours.
- Align your shoulders directly over your hands.
- Keep your knees under your hips.
- Straighten your right leg back so that your toes are flipped, your heel faces the ceiling.
- Straighten your left leg the same way.
Align the Pose
- Make sure the arms are perpendicular to the floor, and the shoulders are directly over the wrists.
- Keep the torso parallel to the floor.