Day Four: Ski Specific Exercises for Endurance Day
- Four sets of 50 to 100 reps of body weight squats on a flipped over Bosu ball.
- Four sets of one minute of 90-degree wall sits.
- Four sets of 20 side slide lunges per leg, with disk.
- Four sets of 20 box jumps.
- Four sets of one and a half minute planks.
- Four sets of one minute burnouts of a 90 degree squat on elliptical. Use the stationary handles while going in the forward motion on the elliptical, extend your arms all the way back while holding on, lower yourself to a 90-degree angle while still rotating your legs forward.
- Three sets of body-weight lunges to failure.
Day 5: Full-Body Day–Circuit StylePerform each of these exercises once for 45 seconds, getting as many repetitions as possible with a 20 second rest between each exercise. Then repeat the circuit 3 to 5 times or for 60 to 75 minutes depending on your level of fitness.
- Jump squats
- Jumping jacks
- Squats with dumbbell presses
- Step-ups with dumbbell curls
- Medicine ball twists
- Lat pulls
- Bench dips
- Jumping or walking lunges
- Side raise and then front raises with dumbbells
- Mountain climber
- Swiss ball crunches
- Spin cycle sprint
- Squats with mid row from pulley system
- 90-degree squat hold
Day 6: Core and Durational Cardio
- Three sets of 50 reps of wood chop twists.
- Three sets of burnout Swiss ball crunches going to failure.
- Three sets of burnout leg lifts to failure.
- Three sets of 20 side bends with dumbbell.
- 45 to 60 minutes of jogging, power-incline walking, elliptical, rowing machine, bike, swimming, or stair climbing.
Stay in shape in a fitness class.
A.C.E. and NASM certified Personal Trainer Wesley Arnett has been in the health, fitness and wellness industry since 1999. Wesley carries a passion for assisting clients and athletes in the planning and execution of any and all mind, body and wellness goals. A graduate of the University of Arizona with BS of Exercise Physiology and Masters in Sports Psychology, he was a decorated high school and college wrestler with a strong background in boxing and Brazilian ju-jitsu. An outdoor activity junky, Wesley now in his 30s has transferred his sports focuses to skiing, hiking and obstacle course races like the Tough Mudder and Spartan Race Series.