Straight Arm Lat Pull Into a Crunch
- Start with the knees slightly bent and a small curve in the lumbar spine.
- Tuck the chin to align the head with the spine.
- Take a step or two back to fully extend your arms.
- Bend at the waist so your torso is bent at a 30-degree angle.
- Make sure your arms are extended in front of you with elbows slightly bent.
- Contract your lats to pull the cable down (keep pulling until your hands are next to the outside of your thighs).
- Exhale and crunch. Make sure to breathe out so you prevent an abdominal strain or muscle rupture.
- Return to the start position.
- Do 15 to 20 reps.