Let's face it: cooking at camp can be time consuming. And after a full day of outdoor activities, who wants to heat up the fire and cook a complicated meal for the family?
The good news is that not all meals have to be prepared with heat. Save time and energy by eliminating the cooking part. Here are 15 no-cook recipes that will help make campground meals much simpler.
ToolsThough you don't need pots and pans for no-cook recipes, you do need some tools. Make sure you have these items in your camping kitchen bin:
- Can opener
- Tin foil
- Sealable bags
- Cutting board
Camping is all about getting out and enjoying a full day. A quick no-cook breakfast gives you more time to get your gear together so you're ready to go bright and early. Try any combination of the following no-cook breakfast recipes.
- Cereal with milk and fruit: Your cereal of choice, milk and any number of fruits: think, bananas, strawberries, blueberries.
- Peanut butter and banana sandwich: With a little protein, a little potassium and good dose of carbohydrates, this easy meal will help power you through your morning activities.
- Yogurt and granola: Make your own granola at home and sprinkle it on top of your favorite protein-packed yogurt.
- Fruit salad with nuts: Toss a mix of seasonal fruits together with your favorite nut mix for a sweet and crunchy breakfast.
- Breakfast salad: Get your daily dose of veggies at breakfast. Try a Mexican breakfast salad with greens, shredded carrots, avocado, black beans, corn and salsa. If you want to boil eggs before your trip, they would be a great addition to this morning meal.