Poor Andrew. Poor, adorable, trying-to-be-brave Andrew. It's not so bad that he's having to go through leaving his mom for (presumably) the first time and start school — we've all been through that — but it's the fact that the moment was captured on video that makes me feel bad for the kid. Because eventually, little Andrew will be in middle school, and some mean-spirited classmate is going to find that video and share the crap out of it and make Andrew HATE the Internet.
While we here at ACTIVEkids.com don't have the cure for separation anxiety, we do our best to make getting back into the school routine a little easier with recipes, activities and a little laughter.
Check out some of our Back-to-School content below to help ease the pain of kissing summer goodbye:
- 7 Ways to Reinvent the PB&J
- 8 Potato Chip Alternatives
- 5 Sugary Drink Alternatives
- Lunch Ideas for Healthy Kids
- The Importance of Keeping Snack Time Healthy
- 7 Healthy Dessert Options for Your Child's Lunchbox
- What is Bullying?
- 8 Healthy Options for After-School Snacks
- How to Set an Active Schedule After School
- 7 After-School Activities for Kids
- 8 Back-to-School Tips
- Top 10 States with Best After-School Programs
- Quick Workouts for Busy Parents
- Why Your Kids Need Their Sleep
Just for Laughs
- 7 Emotions Parents go Through When Kids go Back to School
- 8 Absurd Kids Personalities to Watch out for on the First Day of School
- A Mom's Thoughts During Back-to-School Registration