The Wyalusing North Branch Triathlon will take you through the beautiful endless mountains. The event starts at the Wyalusing High School with a 3.6 mile run to the Terrytown boating access. You will then saddle up your kayak down the Susquehanna River for 4.5 miles, arriving at Endless Mountain Outfitters in Sugar Run. You will finish the event on a 15.3 mile bike ride, mostly up hill for the first half, and mostly down hill for the last leg as you cross the Rainbow Bridge and then the finish line.
If you are looking for more entertainment in Wyalusing, not a mile down the road is the Wyalusing Wine Festival, beginning at 1pm. Sample wine, enjoy a meal, and enjoy the music and entertainment in this historic town.
Event details and schedule
More details can be found at www.wyalusingnorthbranchtriathlon.com. Some of the event details:
- Race day is September 16, 2017
- Day-of registration runs from 7am to 8:30am
- Race time is 9am
- There is a 3 hour time limit to complete the course
- Plenty of parking is available
- Kayak rentals are available at Endless Mountain Outfitters
- Allow extra time to stage your kayak and bike at the appropriate locations
- Consider leaving the ear buds behind to allow for traffic and athlete awareness
- Challenge yourself in this unique triathlon that is accomodating for beginners, but also challenging for the seasoned athlete
Greater Wyalusing Chamber of Commerce