We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Sunday, June 5, 2022.
Water orientation and basic skills in front and back swims are the focus of this level. Children are introduced to deep water activities and proper use of a Personal Flotation Device (PFD). Endurance is built through a 10 meter swim. Designed for children 6 years of age and older. Participants must be minimum age by course start date.Prerequisite: Red Cross Swim - Sunfish or Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 1 or equivalency Next Level: Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 3 or Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 3 Premium
Participants must complete Level 1 or Sunfish in order to register.
*NO LESSONS MAY 29th*
- Please practice healthy swimming behaviors
- Please do not go swimming if you are feeling unwell, especially if you have an upset stomach.
- Please do not bring your child to swimming lessons if they are feeling unwell, have diarrhea, are vomiting (or have vomited in the past day) or have a cough.
- Avoid swallowing the pool water or getting water in your mouth.
- Please do not feed your child before swimming or do not go swimming for one hour after eating.
- Non-toilet trained participants must wear leak-proof pants or garments of a similar nature.
- In the event that our pool water is contaminated with fecal matter or vomit, facility staff are required to close the pool for 2-24 hours in order to properly disinfect the water and to ensure water quality is within the appropriate range set by the Public Health Act before swimmer can re-enter the pool.
- The Red Cross recommends 15-20 hours of practice time to accomplish a level. A child repeating a level is very common, however, please speak with the deck supervisor if your child has repeated a level for the third or fourth time.
- Bring a hair elastic to class if child has long hair.
- Please do not wear street shoes on deck.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- Thank you for your co-operation!
Learn to Swim
PAP - Shallow - Lane A at Pan Am Pool
To Be Determined