9th Annual WFPS RunOctober 18, 2020 CMU (North Campus) 500 Shaftesbury Blvd Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3P2N2 View Map Organized by WFPS Run
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
CMU (North Campus)500 Shaftesbury Blvd Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3P2N2
The 9th Annual WFPS RUN will be taking place on Sunday, October 18th, 2020. The annual sold out Half Marathon, 10k and the 5k will start and finish at the Canadian Mennonite University North Campus, located at the intersection of Shaftesbury Boulevard and Grant Avenue.
New "Worry Free" Registration - COVID-19 Response
In response to the current uncertainty surrounding the staging of large community events because of the COVID-19 public health crisis, we are instituting a NEW “WORRY FREE” REGISTRATION policy for WFPS Run 2020 registration.
The below policy will take effect from May 4 – September 4, 2020:
- If 2020 WFPS RUN is unable to be conducted in any form related to the COVID -19 public-health crisis, all registrants will have the option for an automatic deferral to 2021 or a full refund
- The event’s current “no refunds” policy will be paused for 30 days from the announcement of the 2020 WFPS RUN cancellation and all registered participants have 30 days to email a request for a full refund
- If registrant choses a full refund it will include: your registration fee and GST. It will NOT include: any ACTIVE Network processing fees OR a donation made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation with registration.
- For participants paying with cheque. Your registration will be processed when we receive your cheque and info form. Your cheque will NOT be cashed until the event is deemed to continue. If the event is cancelled your cheque will be returned, if the event continues, we will process your cheque immediately.
- 30 days after the announcement of the 2020 WFPS RUN cancellation no further refunds will be given and all remaining registrations will be transferred into the 2021 WFPS RUN automatically
- After September 4, 2020, regardless if the 2020 WFPS RUN is conducted or cancelled, no refunds or transfers into 2021 will be offered and the existing WFPS Run no refund policy remains in place.
ALL participants will receive a technical race shirt, race bag and a finisher’s medal regardless of race distance. No one gets left out!
Event details and schedule
Kit Pick Up Times:
Friday, October 16th - 9:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, October 17th – 9:00am – 5:00pm
There is NO RACE DAY KIT PICK UP
Kit Pick Up Location:
Canadian Mennonite Univeristy (500 Shaftesbury Blvd) - Main level inside the Loewen Gymnasium
Run Happy Pre Race Shake Out Run:
10:00am on Saturday, October 17th we will be hosting another pre race shake out run! Last year's was a huge success drawing over 200 runners for a complimentary fun and friendly shake out run of 5km's and 3km's. Snacks and refreshments will be served post shake out run.
- Free post race breakfast and refreshments
- Free post race massage
- Prizes and entertainment
- Indoor Bag check
- High quality medals for all finishers.
- Age class awards for the Half Marathon and top 3 overall female and male finishers in the Half marathon, 10k, and 5k.
- Chip timing on a certified course.
- Indoor award presentation.
Participants in the Half Marathon, 10k and 5k races can run for FREE...by supporting the Heart and Stroke Foundation and collecting donation pledges**!
Your fee can be refunded if you raise a minimum of:
- Half Marathon: $250
- 10k: $175
- 5k: $150
As there are only so many spots in the event, you must first register to guarantee your entry into the race. Your registration fee will then be refunded (post-event) when your total amount raised has been confirmed. You have the option of a full refund OR donating your fee back to the Foundation for a tax receipt.
*Note: Qualifying participants will receive their rebate post- event in late December 2020. All runners must submit their fundrasiing monies to HSF by October 31, 2020 in order to qualify for this offer.
The WFPS Race Committee is excited to award prizes to participants who go above and beyond in their fundraising efforts for the Foundation!
PRIZES FOR TOP 3 FUNDRAISERS!
1st Flight for two anywhere in Canadaⱡ
2nd 32GB iPad and a $200 gift card to lululemon
3rd $500 gift card to City Park Runners
ⱡPrize is in the form of a $1,000 flight gift certificate
** Charitable #: 10684 6942 RR0001:
The Heart and Stroke Foundation will issue a tax receipt to all qualifying donations over $20.