Welcome to the 10th Annual WFPS RUN.
In 2021 we will be hosting the event over two days
- Saturday, October 16 - 5km event ONLY
- Sunday, October 17 - 10km and Half Marathon events
We are excited to host you in 2021. Please remember that participants must follow the event guidelines created to ensure this run can happen safely. Guidelines can/may include:
- wearing face masks in certain areas of the event site
- no bib selling or trading
- no event downgrading
- in person pick up of your bib with ID
- health check questionnaire at kit pick up
- assignment to a start time slot that connects to your ability to access event site
- limited water stations on course
- limited or no bag check/ dry clothes area
- no massage or physiotherapy
- no spectators allowed on the event site
- respectfully following requests made by volunteers to ensure the event meets guidelines
Event details and schedule
Kit Pick Up Times (REVISED IN 2021):
Please be aware that all kits must be picked up in person by the runner with ID. Due to health check questionnaire and race time assignments, runner must attend kit pick up in person.
Pick Up Times
- Thursday, October 14 - 9 am to 7 pm
- Friday, October 15 - 9 am to 7 pm
NO KIT PICK UP SATURDAY OR SUNDAY - These are Race Days
Kit Pick Up Location:
Canadian Mennonite University (500 Shaftesbury Blvd)
- Free post race breakfast and refreshments (take away option only)
- High quality medals for all finishers
- Age class awards for the Half Marathon and top 3 overall female and male finishers in the Half marathon, 10k, and 5k.
- Chip timing on a certified course.
Participants in the Half Marathon, 10k and 5k races can run for FREE...by supporting the Heart and Stroke Foundation and collecting donation pledges**!
Your fee can be refunded if you raise a minimum of:
- Half Marathon: $250
- 10k: $175
- 5k: $150
As there are only so many spots in the event, you must first register to guarantee your entry into the race. Your registration fee will then be refunded (post-event) when your total amount raised has been confirmed. You have the option of a full refund OR donating your fee back to the Foundation for a tax receipt.
*Note: Qualifying participants will receive their rebate post- event in late December 2021. All runners must submit their fundrasiing monies to HSF by October 31, 2021 in order to qualify for this offer.
The WFPS Race Committee is excited to award prizes to participants who go above and beyond in their fundraising efforts for the Foundation!
PRIZES FOR TOP 3 FUNDRAISERS!
1st Flight for two anywhere in Canadaⱡ
2nd 32GB iPad and a $200 gift card to lululemon
3rd $500 gift card to City Park Runners
ⱡPrize is in the form of a $1,000 flight gift certificate
** Charitable #: 10684 6942 RR0001:
The Heart and Stroke Foundation will issue a tax receipt to all qualifying donations over $20.