We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Sunday, August 29, 2021.
Water orientation and basic skills in front and back swims are the focus of this level. Children are introduced to deep water activities and proper use of a Personal Flotation Device (PFD). Endurance is built through a 10 meter swim. Designed for children 6 years of age and older.Participants must be minimum age by course start date.
Prerequisite: Red Cross Swim - Sunfish or Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 1 or equivalency
Next Level: Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 3 or Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 3 Premium
Prerequisite: Red Cross Swim - Sunfish or Red Cross Swim Kids - Level 1 or equivalency.
• SEA OTTER: 1 PARENT/GUARDIAN is REQUIRED to participate in-water with participants in an effort to assist in enforcing social distancing/active supervision/assisting your child
• SALAMANDER, SUNFISH, CROCODILE, WHALE, SWIM KIDS 1, 2 and 3: 1 PARENT/GUARDIAN is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to participate in-water with participants in an effort to assist in enforcing social distancing/active supervision/assisting your child; one parent/guardian is to be prepared to enter the water for each lesson to assist their child
• All family members complete a self-assessment prior to arrival; should any family member feel unwell, no members of the family attend the facility
• All lesson participants (and parent/guardian designated to assist in-water when applicable) arrive lesson-ready (in swimsuits); changeroom access will be restricted to washroom use only
• Pool deck viewing space will be limited (please expect to stand for the duration of your child’s lesson).. For the above-mentioned levels, a maximum of one parent/caregiver per household is asked to be present on the pool deck ready to accompany their child in the water.
• The participant (or accompanying parent/guardian) is to bring all equipment to disinfectant zone for hyper-chlorination at the end of the lesson.
Learn to Swim
KPOP - Middle - Lane 2 at Kildonan Park Outdoor Pool
To Be Determined